Billy Washington's Drifters @ the Marquee SUnday June 7th 2015

On Sunday night June 7th I went to the Marquee to see the Billy Washington Drifters as it was my 3rd time seeing them live and the last time I saw them was at the Marquee on Wednesday June 5th 2007 with the Dominoes, Harry DeLuxe and Wanda Jackson. I walked to the Marquee, saw Billy and Gail from the Chelsea Set, met Don from the Billy Washington's Drifters and had a drink of water. The show started @ about 7.30pm with comedian Kenny Bennett coming on stage telling funny jokes which made everyone laugh and he was so funny which I enjoyed his set and there was an interval which I had an Coke Zero. The Billy Washington's Drifters came onstage with Don and Gary as Billy was in an car accident the night before but as the saying goes the show must go on and they did get on with the show which they did an great set doing the classic Drifters songs as well as other songs by people like Curtis Mayfield, the Delfonics, The Temptations and Fats Domino and sometimes Gary walk through the audience to shake hands as well as getting audience to sing along which he did that when they did Under the Broadwalk as some people sang on the microphone to the chorus to the song which among those people I was one of them who sang to the chorus which got applause and Don did walk through the audience when they did the song Reach Out and also there was an moment when they did Blueberry Hill when Gary sang the lead and at the song Don did the background singing What A Thrill and Not a Hump But A Hill which Gary was surprised about that and it was funny which the audience sang the chorus that Don did. The show finished @ about 10.30pm, bought a CD, got an photo and an autograph and walk back to Bella Mare which I rang Dad on the way as we had to go home back to Brisbane the next morning. It was an FANTASTIC show which despite the circumstances Don and Gary just sounded great and everyone enjoyed the show which I look forward to seeing them again soon. A Great way to finish the Cooly Rocks On gigs for me this year. Set List Billy Washington's Drifters- On Broadway People Get Ready Save the Last Dance For Me This Magic Moment You made Me Feel brand New I Feel Good/My Girl/Stand By me Blueberry Hill Just My Imagination Good Golly Miss Molly/Slippin and Slidin Up On The Roof Under The Broadwalk Please Stay Spanish Harlem Knockin On Wood There Goes My First Love Nutbush City Limits Reach Out United We Stand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015