Warwick trip 2015

On Friday June 12th Me, Mum,Dad and Heath went to Warwick for the day as I had been planning to go for months as we were going to stay for the night but due to my dog Gee Gee having surgery we decided to got for the day. I have been to Warwick about 4 times and the reason I was going to Warwick this year was to see where my grandfather Peter Joseph Hagenbach Jr came from and plan to visit the graves of his relations as well as the Historical Society as his family were one of the Pioneering families in the Darling Downs area as my great great grandfather Peter Hagenbach emigrated here on the Cesar Godeffroy having left Hamburg Germany October 25th 1861 and arrived in brisbane January 30th 1862 and his wife Margaret Wallace came here on the Warren hastings June 20th 1864 and my great great grandparents from my grandfather's mother's side Thomas Phelan emigrated here on may 28th 1863 on the Golden Dream and Mary Frost came with her parents on the Argyle July 28th 1852. We did'nt nearly go as Gee Gee was bleeding but she was OK and then went in the car which we stopped at Artula on the way to go to the toilet. Went back in the car, arriving at Warwick, stop at the shops and we went to the Warwick General Cemetrey where I saw the graves of my grandfather's family which included his 3 sisters Margaret Pauline,Eileen(no headstone) and Letitia, his parents(my great grandparents) Peter Joseph Hagenbach Sr and Ann Phelan, my great great grandparents Peter and Margaret Hagenbach and Thomas and Mary Phelan, My great great great grandparents Solomon and Sarah Frost, my great Grandmother's siblings, some of my grandfather's cousins and some of their children which I took photos, went over to Warwick RSL where I had Chicken Marylands for lunch, stop at shops, had planned to go to the Historical Society but was too late to go, had a look at Shops like Big W and newsagent, bought chips, chocolate and Coke Life and came home which we stopped @ Cannon Hill shops on the way. I had a wonderful time in Warwick and will be back there this month as we will stopping at Dalby as well to see my grandfather's grave as well as my Great Grandmother's(Nana's mother) so i will be planning to go to the Historical Society. Being in Warwick has left an impression on me because it was where my grandfather came home and I can feel his presences as well as his relations as some of the Hagenbachs and Phelan relations are still there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015