Normie Rowe and the Playboys @ Kedron Wavell June 25th 2015

On June 25th I went to Kedron Wavell to see legendary Australian singer Normie Rowe with his legendary band the Playboys which it was my 14th time seeing Normie and it was my first time seeing the Playboys which has the original drummer Graeme "Trotta" Trottman, Gil Matthews who played drums with Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs and Mondo Rock on guitar, Steve Kelson on keyboards and Anthony Bafuno on bass as this show was an CD launch of the new compilation Frenzy to celebrate 50 years when Normie came on the scene with It Ain't Necessarily So. I caught the bus from Cannon Hill to Chermside, walk to Kedron Wavell, rang home, went to Cafe, saw John an volunteer from work, had Beef Nachos for dinner, drank Cole, ate Sundae, went to the Blue Pacific Room, saw Pauline whom I had not seen since the Go Show concert @ Jupiters last year, saw Suzy whom I had not seen since Saturday June 8th 2013 @ Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club, met Kris Trottman(Graeme's wife), Saw Mark whom I had not seen since the APIA Good Times show back on May 14th and saw Mardi whom I had not seen since the Go Show concert last year. The show started after 8pm with the intro by Laurel Edwards, Gary Clare and Mark Hine from 4KQ Normie and the Playboys came on stage and for the next hour and 40 minutes Normie and the Playboys performed many of the classic hits from the 60's as well as an song from 1975 as well as some album tracks and it was early in Normie's set when an lady named Jane Sizer who won 4KQ's Gonna Make You Star segment came on stage to perform the Leonard Cohen song Hallelujah which she really nailed it and sounded great and also Normie told some stories about his career as well as getting the crowd going as well as singing along to the songs. The show finished @ about 9.50pm which I saw Barbara who works in the bar, met Gil Matthews which I got an autograph and an photo, saw Denise(John's wife) who also does volunteer work as well, met Graeme Trottman which I got an autograph and photos as well as asking him about the other Playboys members, saw Mick MArtin from the Smokin Crawdads, waited in line, got Normie's autograph and photos, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and Normie still singing great at age 68 as well as the Playboys playing great with Trotta playing great drums at age 73 and I look forward to seeing Normie Rowe again soon as well as those who have not seen Normie live do yourself a favour and see him. Set List- Everything's Alright The Stones That I Throw(1966) Tell Him I'm Not Home(1966) Que Sera Sera(1965)/Ooh La La(1966) Pride and Joy(1966) Jane Sizer-Hallelujah I Just Don't Understand Stubborn Kind Of Fellow Elizabeth(1975) Going Home(1967) Unchained My Heart(Normie Rowe A Go Go 1965) Penelope(1968) It Ain't Necessarily So(1965) It's Not Easy(1966) Shakin All Over(1965) I Who Have Nothing(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015