Mary Wilson @ The Powerhouse

On Thursday June 11th I went to the Powerhouse in New Farm to legendary American singer and founding member of the legendary Motown group The Supremes Mary Wilson which it was my second time seeing her as my first time was at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre for the Motown show on Tuesday February 23rd 2010 but it was my first seeing a proper show of hers and this show was called Up Close.I caught a bus to the city, went to KFC which I had an 2 piece feed chicken and chips for dinner, drank Pepsi max, ate Kit Kat McFlurry which I bought it from maccas, caught bus from Adelaide Street, got off at new Farm and walk to the Powerhouse. Rang Home, drank Coke, went inside the room and waited. The show started around 7.40pm with Mary Wilson coming on stage and for the next hour and 20 minutes she performed songs from the Great American Songbook as well as few Supremes songs as well as songs by Jon Mitchell and Lena Horne and was telling some stories as well which was great and there is no photos taken of the show as no one was allowed to take photos. The show finished @ 9pm, I bought an photo of Mary, waited in line and Mary came out to sign stuff which I got an autograph and an photo with Mary which was an thrill to have met an member of the Supremes as I have been an fan of their music since 1996. I walk to the bus stop, caught bus back to the city, drank Coke Life, rang Dad, caught bus which I rang Dad again, got off @ Cannon Hill which Dad picked me up on Richmond Road and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which I enjoyed it as well as everyone enjoyed it and Mary still sounding great at age 71 and looking great for her age. I hope Mary comes back to Australia soon and I look forward to seeing her again as well. Set List- Here's To Life Smile Body and Soul Spring Is Here I Remember You The Girl From Ipanema Whoby Stormy Weather I Don't Know Why You Can't Hurry Love(Supremes number 1 hit 1966)/Come See About Me(1964)/Back In My Arms Again(1965)/Fever I Am Changing Both Sides Now What A Wonderful World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015