The Mighty Guys @ the Beach House Stage Sunday June 7th 2015

On Sunday morning June 7th I went to the Beach House stage on Marine Parade to see the rock group the Mighty Guys which it was my first seeing them on their own as I have seen them sing a few songs on their own as well as backing up the singers during Cooly Rocks and The line-up of the Mighty Guys @ that show were 3 original founding members Mick Hamilton, Leon Isackson and Phil Eizenberg and bassist Mike Lawler. The show started @ 11am which they did 2 sets and they performed classic rock n roll songs with lead vocals done by mainly Mick and Leon as well as the songs they wrote themselves which was recorded in the 80's including Be Cool Be Smart with Phil on lead as well as Rockin All Through the Night and there was an interval which I had fried rice for lunch with a Coke to drink as well as seeing Mike Lawler and Leon and also got an photo with Mike as well as Leon and also with Mick, Phil and Leon which was taken by Idris Jones of the Mixtures who was in the audience at that show. The show finished @ 12.45pm, thanked Mick Hamilton and then walked to Coolangatta Bowls Club where I would see Catfish and the Dee Jays. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time and great playing and singing by the guys with great guitar playing by Mick Hamilton as well as excellent drumming by Leon Isackson and I enjoyed the show which it was great seeing the original line-up with Mike playing together and also I hope the Mighty Guys come back next year as they have been at every Cooly Rocks On since it started in 2011. Set 1- The Shape I'm In Party Doll Bop a Lena Dance To The Bop Hey I'm A Dog Nervous Breakdown Double Talk Little Egypt Rockin Little Angel Boom Boom Baby Tallahassee Lassie Lover Please Come Back Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby Come On Let's Go Set 2- Standing Too Close To The Flame Honey Don't Marie Rock A Beatin Boogie Be Cool Be Smart Rockin All Through The Night I Fought The Law One Night Summertime Blues Pink Cadillac Rock Me & My Baby Hang On Sloopy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015