10cc @ Twin Towns

On Saturday night June 10th I went to Twin Towns to see the legendary British rock band 10cc which it was my 3rd time seeing them as I have seen them at Twin Towns as well. I walk to Twin Towns, Bought program and Bag, bought Pepsi Max, drank it, went inside, use mobile and wrote notes on my pad. The show started at 8pm with support act Hello Jane who is an singer-songwriter from Brisbane who did an set doing her own songs as well as covers of I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen and People Get Ready by the Impressions which was the last song of her set and there was an interval which I stayed inside and use my mobile. Then after 9pm 10CC with the current line up with original founding member Graham Gouldman, Paul Burgess since 1973, Rick Fenn since 1976, Keith Hyman and Iain Hornal came on stage and for the hour and 50 minutes performed many of their classic hits from the 70's as well as an new song Graham Gouldman did called Floating In Heaven which he did that with Brian May from Queen as well as Say the Word by Iain Hornal and some of the album tracks as well as Iain not just played guitar he played keyboards and tambourine and for some songs Paul come out playing percussion. The show finshed at about 10.50pm, rang Dad, went to 7-11 where I bought coke with no sugar, drank it and went back to the Ocean Plaza. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone enjoyed themselves as well as myself and the band were FANTASTIC too still sounding great and playing great as well as the songs still sounding great and it was great seeing them back in Australia which I hope they come back again soon. Great band and great songs which has stood the test of time. Set List- The Second Sitting Of the Last Supper Art For Art's Sake (1975) Life Is A Minestrone(1975) Good Morning Judge(1977) The Dean and I(1973) Old Wild Men Clockwork Creep Feel The Benefit The Wall Street Shuffle(1974) Floating In Heaven The Things We Do For Love(1976) Say The Word Silly Love (1974) I'm Mandy Fly Me(1976) I'm Not In Love (1975) Dreadlock Holiday(1978) Donna(1972) Rubber Bullets(1973)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015