Doug Parkinson show @ Kedron Wavell Friday January 18th 2013

On Friday January 18th 2013 I went to Kedron wavell Services Club to see legendary Australian singer Doug Parkinson and it was my 6th time seeing him live. the show started at about 8.10pm with Doug coming on stage and for the next 2 hours he performed classic songs as doing his 2 hits Dear Prudence and I'll be Around as well as telling stories about his career as well as his growing up in NSW as well as doing musicals he did and in the audience was drummer Doug Lavery who played with the Valentines which had Bon Scott long before AC/DC, axiom which he played on Arkansas Grass and a little Ray of Sunshine as well as playing with Doug Parkinson In Focus from 1968-69 and in the interval I met Doug LAvery which i got an autograph and an photo which i asked him about the Valentines members which he said Wyn lives in Sydney, Ted lives in perth and he is not sure about John Cooksey as well as the Axiom members Don Mudie lives in melbourne but is an hermit and Chris Stockley does catering as well as asking an Axiom reunion which it might happend he said as he got together with Brian Cadd, Glenn Shorrock and Chris Stockley in Melbourne last year and also told me he left Axiom as he wanted to go to AMerica and the others were going to England. the show finished @ 10.15pm and after the show Doug Parkinson came out to sign stuff as he had CD's on sale and I got an autograph and an photo which was great. I saw kevin and Di and the show was FANTASTIC which doug sang great as well as the back up played great too and also everyone had an great time. To those who have never seen Doug Parkinson live go and see him and I'm sure you will be impressed. set 1- Take Me In Your Arms Norwegian Wood Let's Stay Together Heartbreak Hotel Treat Her Right Golden Miles Dear Prudence (Doug's hit from 1969) set 2- Let The Good Times Roll Everyday Over the Rainbow Unchain My heart georgia on My Mind What I'd Say You Don't Know Me I'll be Around(Doug's hit from 1979) Golden Slumbers/Carry that Weight/the End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015