The Avengers Show @ Carina Leagues Club Janaury 19th 2013

On Saturday Janaury 19th I went to Carina Leagues club to see legendary Brisbane group the Avengers which it was their first time playing there and it was my 11th time seeing them as well as my 2nd time seeing them this month. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets of classic rock and pop songs from people like ELvis Presley, The Beatles, The Eagles, Buddy holly, John Cougar mellencamp, Cliff RIchard, the Four Seasons, Dion DiMucci, Roy orbison and many others and before the shows spoke with graeme which he told me that he had hurt himself during that week and during the first interval spoke with Roger which he told me that @ 4BC Spectacular in 1965 in which the Avengers were one of the acts that performed @ the Festival hall he saw the Easybeats performed on stage which he thought they were great and he mentioned that stevie wright threw the tie into the stage which Roger has it and that is amazing and said to me that he sent an scan of the program of the 4BC spectacular to Andrew Ainsworth who does the magazine Primitive Sounds as well as the website as he is an thing on the Feelgoods another Brisbane group from the 60's. The show finished @ 11.30pm and thanked the guys which they enjoyed playing there and they like the place. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had an great time including myself and I saw Maria, Wayne, Kevin,Di (which i had saw them @ Kedron Wavell the night before), Leanne whom I had not seen since 2011, Bob and Vivian. the Avengers will be back @ Carina Leagues Club on Saturday March 9th and they will be @ Easts Leagues Club on Friday february 1st and I am looking forward to seeing them @ Easts as well as am glad they are playing @ Carina Leagues which i will be seeing them there on March 9th. Set 1- Heartbeat/Runaway Chains I Saw her Standing there Do you Love me When You Walk In the Room It's So Easy(Roger lead vocal) proud Mary Johnny be Goode Come Back Again My girl Suspcious Minds Rave On Rock Around The Clock The Wanderer/Ruby baby All Shook Up I Hear You Knocking Promised Land Singing the Blues That'll be the Day set 2- Brown Eyed girl Crazy little Thing Called Love Happy Together Only the Lonley When you say nothing At All Nowhere Man Big Girls Don't Cry/Walk Like A Man I can See Clearly Now A Hard Days Night Stuck in the Middle Twist and Shout Pretty Woman get Back Itchycoo Park venus set 3- Masachusettes/To Love Somebody I'll Get you How Long I Could Easily Fall In Love With you/Do you Wanna Dance/Move it/Please Don't Tease The Twist/let's Twist Again Hey baby 500 Miles Hurts So Good set 4- Take it Easy Handle with care(Graeme and Paul lead) Young Girl Everybody's talkin Maggie may Don't Stop Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015