Simply Aussie Show @ Carina Leagues Club

On Australia Day (January 26th) I went to the Carina Leagues CLub where I saw an tribute show to Australian music called Simply Aussie. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets of classic Australian songs by AC/Dc, Billy thorpe and the Aztecs, THe Easybeats, Dragon, INXS, Men At Work, Paul Kelly etc as well as stuff by Fleetwood Mac, Bryan Adams, Abba and others and there were 3 members on stage which they wore Australian clothes on stage which looked great. The show finished @ 11.30pm with the group doing Down Under and thanked 2 of the members. I saw Maria, Wayne and Stephanie and the show was very good as well as the band played very good but the only downside was that they did some songs that were not Aussie ones which to me when you do an tribute to Australian music it should be really be Australian ones but the others as I said it was very good. set 1- Great Southern Land Torn Sounds Of then(This is Australia) Don't Stop HERE Stay the Night Crazy little Thing Called Love The Tide Is High Walk of Life Joey Never Tear Us Apart April Sun In Cuba Khe Sahn Too Many times set 2- Most people I know Think That I'm Crazy Don't Change A Thing At her Door Wish you well don't Stop What's My scene Gold Something In the water Home Above the Gumtrees Friday on my Mind set 3- Waltzing Matilda Live it up Beds Are Burning mamma Mia 20 good reasons nutbush City Limits Boys In Town Eagle Rock Long Way To The Top set 4- Your Mama Don't Dance Thorn on My Side Before Too Long Summer of 69 Down Under

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015