Daryl Braithwaite show @ Kedron Wavell

Last Night September 6th I went to Kedron Wavell to see legendary Australian singer Daryl Braithwaite which it was my 5th time seeing him live and had only bought my ticket on Wednesday in the city @ Ticketmaster. I caught the bus to Chermside from Cannon Hill and had Nachos for dinner as well as having Sundae for desert as well as buying a ticket for the Normie Rowe show on November 15th. The show started @ 8.45pm with Daryl Braithwaite coming on stage and for the next 1 hour and 25 minutes he did a whole set doing his solo hits from the 80's as well as some of the Sherbet stuff as well as doing other people's songs including a great version of I'll Be Gone as well as a new song from a CD that he will be releasing very shortly with a great back up band with Geoff Wells on guitar, john Corniola on Drums, Mark AMato on keyboards and on guitar David Campbell as well as the show was packed with plenty of people filling in the seats which most of the crowd who out in front were singing along and also at the end of the show when he was doing the Horses a girl named Courtney came on stage to sing a bit of the song which was great to see. The show finished @ about 10.10pm which some people were waiting for Daryl come out to sign stuff which he did come out and I got an autograph and a photo and also Dad picked me up to come home. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had a great time including myself and great singing by Daryl which he is singing better than ever at age 64. I saw Pam ex 2F from work, Barbara who works in the bar, karen and a bloke who works @ SWARA and John Blunt who is from the Queen Tribute band Killer Queen and met Samantha and Mark from the ticket office which they knew of me through the emails I've sent about if the tickets for the show are on sale or not as well as meeting Daniel and Leesa. To those who have not seen Daryl braithwaite live go and see him which I'm sure you will enjoy his shows which I'm sure it brings back memories for the fans who grew up in the era when Sherbet was big as well as the solo hits in the 70's and 80's as well as for fans who were not born in that era but who are interested in that era enjoy the experience of seeing a true Australian music icon. set List- As The Days Go By(1988) Blueswalkin(Howzat album 1976) All I Do(1988) Out Of Time Slave I'll Be Gone Modern Times Wishing Well Rise(1990) All Day and All Of The Night Howzat(with Sherbet 1976) Higher Than Hope(1991) One Summer(1989) Summer Love(with Sherbet 1975) the Horses(1991)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015