The Avengers @ Easts Leagues Club

On Saturday August 31st I went to Easts Leagues Club to see the Brisbane group the Avengers which it was my 17th time seeing them and my 8th time seeing them this year as it was part of my birthday weekend. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets of classic rock and pop songs by Elvis presley, Buddy Holly,Cliff Richard,The Bee Gees, Roy Orbison, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Chuck Berry and added new songs by the Rolling Stones and the Shadows and also it was my first time seeing the guitarist Graeme Rabnott for 4 months as he had been on holidays which the last 2 times I saw them @ Easts on Sunday June 30th and Friday JUly 12th Glenn was playing with them and he will be playing with them again as Graeme is going on holidays again. The show finished @ 11.30pm which I thanked the guys and spoke with Roger which I spoke about Ross D Wylie and TOny WOrsley as well as asking about the rock n roll spectacular show in October which they are not going as Paul is going to be away and also Dad picked me up to go home. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had a great time including myself and the group played great as always with great singing as always and they will be back @ Easts on Saturday September 28th. set 1- When You Walk In The Room Proud Mary Chains It's So Easy heartbeat/Runaway I Could Easily Fall In Love WIth You/Do You Wanna Dance/Move It/Please Don't Tease Singing the Blues That'll Be The Day Promised Land Da Do Ron Ron You never Can Tell All Shook Up I hear You Knocking The Wanderer/Ruby Baby Rave on Rock Around the Clock My Girl Suspicious Minds Set 2- Brown Eyed Girl Crazy Little Thing Called Love Happy Together Fly Like A Bird ticket to ride/The Last Time/Day Tripper/Satisfaction/Roll Over Beethoven I can See Clearly Now Stuck In the middle Pretty Woman Get Back Young Girl Twistin By the Pool Do You Love Me set 3- When You Say Nothing At All Sea Of Heartbreak Under the Boardwalk I'll Get You Massachusetts/To Love Somebody If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Have You Ever Seen the Rain Down On the Corner The Twist/Let's Twist again Take it Easy set 4- Apache Surfin USA/Surfin Safari Wipeout Last Night Don't Stop Already Gone hey Tonight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015