Johnny Cash Tribute @ Greenslopes Bowls CLub

Last Saturday September 14th I went to the Greenslopes Bowls CLub to see the Johnny Cash Tribute put together by Lori Lee and Robot Productions and it was my second time seeing it as my first was @ Morningside Services CLub on Saturday October 8th 2011 and also I had not been to Greenslopes since Sunday May 25th 2008 when I went there with Friendship Group doing Barefoot Bowls. Dad took me to the Bowls Club which before the show I had dinner and I had steak,chips and salad which was very nice. The show started @ 8.15pm with the Mean Eyed Cats which included Jon Flynn on double bass and Dan Nosovich on guitar which they do 2 songs of Johnny Cash in the 3 sets and the first performer came on was Mike Erroll, Kevin and Andy Dashwood which they performed a few Johnny Cash songs each and there was a interval which I had a Coke Zero. the second set had Paulie Burke, Junior Hickey and Scotty from the Hi Boys doing a few Johnny Cash songs each and there was another interval which I bought another Coke Zero.The last set had Teresa, Mitch, Dan Whittman and Murray sang a few songs each and there was a raffle to win a Johnny Cash box CD and also I left @ about 11.30pm as Murray was coming on stage which Dad picked me up to go home. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had a great time including myself and the singers were FANTASTIC too as well as great playing the Mean Eyed Cats with great guitar playing by Dan. I saw on the night Lori,Lorraine, Graeme, Teresa, Lauren,Eileen, Jon,Dan,Andy,Perrie, Joey,Tracey,Laura,Chelesa and Jan and met on the night Matt(Chelsea's fiance) and Miranda. Thanks to Lori for putting another great show together which she does a great job and effort well done and the next one she will be doing is the BrizVegas Kustom Karnival @ Acacia Ridge Hotel on Sunday November 3rd so if you have not been to a rockabilly show come along which I'm sure you will enjoy it. Set 1- The Mean Eyed Cats-Cry Cry Cry and There You Go Mike Erroll- Sunday Morning Coming Down, It Ain't Me babe and I Walk the Line Kevin Weldman- Man In Black, a song I don't know and Rock Island Line Andy Dashwood- Don't Take Your Guns To Town, Get Rhythm, Ghost Riders In the Sky and I'm Gonna Break Set 2- The Mean Eyed Cats- Home Of The Blues and ROcket 69 Paulie Burke-I'm Leaving Now, Dam Your Eyes and You're My Baby Junior Hickey-I Got Stripes, Sea Of Heartbreak and Understand Your Man Scotty Rehbin- Hey Porter, A Boy Named Sue and Cocaine Blues Set 3- Mean Eyed Cats-Straight A's IN Love and Crazy Way To Go Miss Teresa-I've Been Everywhere, Guitar Pickin man and Jackson Mitch-25 Minutes To Go, Jesus Save Me, Doggone and Boogie Woogie Dan Whittman- I Went Out and Ring Of Fire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015