The Monkees Present The Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz Show @ QPAC Concert Hall June 12th 2019

On Wednesday June 12th I went to the QPAC Concert Hall to see the legendary American rock group The Monkees with Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz which it was my second time seeing the group as I saw them also @ QPAC Concert Hall Friday December 2nd 2016 when Mickey and peter Tork were there. Dad took me to Cannon Hill, went to bus stop, caught bus and got off at South Bank. Rang Home, Went to Cactus Republic where I had Steak Nachos for dinner, drank pepsi max, ate Sundae at the Food court and walk to QPAC. Bought poster and T shirt, waited and went inside which I had to swap seats. The show started at about 8pm with Mike and Mickey coming on the stage which in the first set doing the songs from the 60's including the hits as well as album tracks from Headquarters, Head soundtrack album and Good Tiimes and at the end of the 1st set when they did Last Train To Clarksville guitarist Louie Shelton who played on the song and lives on the Gold Coast came on stage to play with Mickey and Mike doing the song which it was great to experience that. There was an interval where I bought an Mickey Dolenz photo, drank Coke Zero, went inside and spoke with an lady. The second set started with acoustic stuff including Papa Gene's Blues and Randy Scouse Git as well as albums tracks from the first album, Pisces Aquarius Capricorn and Jones Ltd, Headquarters, the Birds The Bees and the Monkees and Good Times as well as the hits and the Mike Nesmith solo hit from the 70's Rio and the show finished after 10.10pm with I'm A Believer. I bought an Mike Nesmith Photo, went to the bus stop, caught bus, got off @ Carindale , drank Coke Zero, Dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show which everyone enjoyed themselves including myself and both Mickey and Mike sounded great and singing great too with an great band backing them up including Mike's son Christian on guitar and Mickey's sister doing the backing vocals as well as having great humour and getting the crowd entertained as well as singing along to the songs that has stood the test of time and sounding great today as it was then as well as being appreciated to this day. For me this was an great experience to see Mike Nesmith live with Mickey which was wonderful and I am lucky to have seen these 2 people as Peter who passed away early this year which I am glad to have seen Peter live with Mickey 2 and an half years ago but to see Mike live was just great and also very glad to see them in person as it may never happen again which I am glad that I took the chance to see this legendary act live. Set 1- Good Clean Fun(1969) Pleasant Valley Sunday(1967) Sunny Girlfriend(Headquarters 1967) Mary Mary (More of the Monkees 1967 Australian hit 1968) You Told Me(Headquarters 1967) For Pete's Sake(Headquarters 1967) The Door Into Summer (Pisces Aquarius Capricorn and Jones Ltd 1967) You Just May be The One(Headquarters 1967) A Little Bit Me A Little You(1967 hit) The Girl I Knew Somewhere(b side to A Little Bit Me A Little Bit You 1967) Birth Of The Accidental Hipster(Good Times 2016) St Matthew Porpoise Song(1968 hit) Circle Sky(Head 1968) Last Train To Clarksville (1966) Set 2- Papa Gene's Blues(The Monkees 1966) Randy Scouse Git (1967 hit in the UK and Australia and from Headquarters) Tapioca Tundra (1968) I'll Spend My Life With You(Headquarters 1967) Me and Magdelena (Good Times 2016) Take A Giant Step (The Monkees 1966) Auntie's Municipal Court (The Birds The Bees and The Monkees 1968) Goin Down(1967) Sweet Young Thing(The Monkees 1966) I'm Not Your Steppin Stone(1966) Rio (Mike Nesmith solo hit 1977) Daydream Believer(1967) Listen To The Band (1969) I'm A Believer (1966)

Comments

  1. personally, I thought the previous tour with Mickey and Peter was a lot more fun. still, great night out and a tad poignant knowing it is very likely the end of the road for the Monkees in any incarnation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015