Chad Morgan @ the Cave Inn

On Friday night I went to the Cave Inn at Woolloongabba to see the legendary Australian country singer Chad Morgan which it was my first time seeing him. I caught the bus to Wooloongabba, walk to the Cave Inn, rang home, ordered Pizza and chips and drank some of the Coke Zero. Had Pepperoni Pizza and chips for dinner, finish drinking the Coke Zero, saw Ray and Tyler, talked, saw Ross Clark an teacher I knew from Mt Gravatt High School in 1996 and ate some more pizza and chips. The show started at 7.39pm with Chad Morgan with an guitar and the brown hat started with his classic song the Sheik of Scrubby Creek as well as doing songs including Shotgun Wedding, If I Could Just Go Back, The Fatal Wedding amongst others which got the audience laughing and entertained as well as Chad telling stories and there was an interval where I bought an Chad Morgan CD and saw Geoffrey who I knew from school which until October 8th had not seen him for 29 years, had a look at Phase 4 Records where I bought records, got Chad's autograph and photo and drank Coke Zero. Chad came back on stage which he performed more sings including Double Decker Blowflies, The Poor Chinese, The Trashing Machine, The Day I Gave Up Drinking, Life In the old Dog Yet and Pistol Packin Mama. The show finished befor 9.30pm, rang Dad, talk some, Dad rang to let me know that he is outside, went outside, dad picked me up and came home. It was an FANTASTIC show as well as very entertaining and Chad is still sounding great at age 89 which he will be 90 on February 11th next year as well as entertaining the crowd with an great sense of humour. An real entertainer who gets the crowd going and an true legend of Australian country music who has been on the scene for 70 years which he is still going strong. I look forward to seeing Chad again and to those who have not seen Chad Morgan please do yourselves an favour and SEE HIM which you will be impressed and AMAZED by an legend of Australian music as well as getting the crowd entertained which should inspire any upcoming performer starting out in the music business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015