The Chevrolets @ Pure Gold Stage

On Saturday June 9th I went to the Pure Gold Stage on Marine Parade in Coolangatta to see the Chevrolets whom I had not seen since Sunday November 6th last year at the Rock'n'Roll Spectacular @ Kedron Wavell and had seen Bernie Hutton the night before at the Johnny O'Keefe Celebration Concert @ the Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club. the show started @ 11am with the Chevrolets coming on stage wearing diffrent colour suits and did 2 FANTASTIC sets doing the british invasion stuff by the beatles, the Hollies, the Searchers, Gerry and the PAcemakers, the Dave Clark Five, Spencer Davis Group and others and in the second set the guys wore the matching grey suits and when they took their suits off the the British waistcoats but Rick had the American waistcoat which was funny as well as the audience getting the Cruise hats as rock'n'roll cruises are happening later in the year. the show finished around 12.50pm which after the show they had Cd's and an DVD and I bought the DVD. Despite the wet weather and sunshine the show was FANTASTIC and the guys put on an FANTASTIC show as always well great songs as well as their humor which it's great. Set 1- BReaking Up is Hard To Do Can't You hear My Heartbeat Hold me Love Potion No 9 I Could Easily fall In Love With You Silver threads and Golden Needles I Only Want To be with You Be My baby Love Me Do Last Train To Clarksville Daydream Believer Just one Look Set 2- Needles and Pins When You Walk In The Room I should Have Known Better A Hard Day's Night Catch us If You can Glad All Over I'm Into Something Good Keep On Running Here I go Again Jennifer Eccles You'll Never Walk Alone I Like It

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015