Cooly ROcks On 2012-Forever Everly @ Twin Towns June 6th 2012

ON Wednesday 6th June 2012 I attended my first show for Cooly Rocks On 2012 which was an tribute show to the Everly Brothers called Forever Everly with Martin Norris and David Lee Jay. it was my 2nd time seeing Forever Everly which the first was at seagulls on wednesday june 3rd 2009 with the red hot chicken feathers, ian b macleod,Gabe Phoenix, Adam Williams doing Buddy Holly and Normie Rowe closed the show which it was an FANTASTIC show. The show on Wednesday started @ 11am with MArtin and David coming on stage and for the next 1 hour and 35 minutes they did an FANTASTIC set with classic Everly Brothers hits as well as some album tracks as well as an great back up band with Russell Bayne my Facebook friend on guitar and on drums Ric Kent who was from the AUstralian 60's pop group the Vibrants who are known for the hit Something About You baby that also included Mick Hamilton on guitar who is also my Facebook friend and also had an great sense of humor on stage as well as telling stories about working on cruises which were really funny. the show finished at about 12.35pm which they had annouced that they were selling CD's after the Show and I went to the Merchaindise Stand where I saw Sheila(Bubble) who is also my Facebook friend who was selling the CD's where I bought the CD "Forever Everly A TRibute To the Everly brothers" and also Martin and David come out which I got the CD signed and got an photo. The show was just FANTASTIC and everyone had an great time including myself singing to the Everly brothers songs as well as Martin and David doing an great job doing these songs on stage and to those who have not seen them live go and see them as they put on an great show and the songs represent an time when music fun and real. Set List- Wake Up Little Suzie When Will I be Loved All I have to Do is Dream Pretty Flamingo Till I Kissed You So Sad Let it Be Me Poor Jenny Lucille Crying In The Rain Bird Dog Bye Bye Love Take A Message To Mary Temptation Oh Lonesome Me That's Old Fashioned Ebony Eyes Cathy's Clown Love Hurts Sea Of Heartbreak Devoted To You Be Bop A Lula That'll be The Day Claudette Walk Right Back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015