Barry Gibb show @ Brisbane ENtertainment Center February 16th 2013

On Saturday February 16th I went to the Brisbane Entertainment Center to see last surviving Bee Gee Barry Gibb which it was the first time I saw him live and I had not been to the Entertainment Center since Tuesday february 23rd 2010 when I saw the Motown show with the Friendship Group as well as my friend from work Tara. I have been an Bee Gees since the early 90's which i always love their music with great songs, great harmonies and great songwriters and I had wanted to see the Bee Gees which sadly I never got to as they did the One Night Only concert in Sydney on March 27th 1999 as well as the passing of Maurice Gibb on January 12th 2003 which was an shock and sad and would to love have seen Robin Gibb when he toured here in October 2010 but never got to which of course he passed away on May 20th 2012 from cancer but I had seen Vince Melouney who had played with the Bee Gees from 1967-68 on the early international hits live @ Twin Towns on Wednesday August 11th 2010 which he did an set of Bee gees songs as well as the 2 songs he did with Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs as he was an member from 1963-65 as well as seeing Vince with the Original Aztecs at the Long Way To The Top concert @ Brisbane Entertainment Center on tuesday september 10th 2002. When I heard about Barry Gibb was planning to tour Australia I knew I wanted to go see him live and when Sunrise offered for people to buy tickets I bought mine online on Monday Octobet 1st 2012 which i was so glad that I did that and also throughout the few months until I was excited and looking forward to it which was an dream to come true. On Saturday I caught 2 trains which I stopped @ Central station where I had McChicken Burger and Fries for dinner and caught the Shorncliff line to Boondall which I walked to the Entertainment Center. I bought the program and an cap, bought chips and coke and went inside which the show started @ 8pm with the support act Audio Vixen coming on stage which they did an impressive set doing their own songs as well as their version of Morning Of My Life and the Crosby Stills and Nash song Helplessly Hoping. There was an interval which i had an coke to drink and saw Harold who I use to work with St Andrews which he is well. The show started @ 8.50pm with the showing of video clips and then @ 9pm Barry Gibb came onstage which for the next 2 hours he did an FANTASTIC set doing the classic Bee Gees songs as well as doing Fever and the Beatles song The Long and Winding Road and well as telling stories about his career as well as taking about his time Redcliffe and also about his brothers which they showed the photos of it as well as well showing the clip of Robin Gibb doing I Started A Joke which was sad and touching. He also had an great back up band which included his son Stephen who plays guitar and did the singing on 2 songs and Sami Gibb(Maurice Gibb's daughter) came on to sing on an few songs with Barry which she is just an excellent singer as she does music herself and also Barry did an duet with back up singer Beth Cohen on 2 songs. The show finished @ 11pm with Barry doing Stayin Alive and after that I caught the train back in the city which I then caught the cab home. It was an FANTASTIC,AWESOME and an BRILLIANT show and Barry was just BRILLIANT which he sang great and still in great voice and also he was really enjoying himself which he was happy to be back in brisbane . Everyone had an great time including myself and I am so glad that I got to see an real Bee Gee live which was an dream came true as I wanted to see the 3 of them live but I am glad to see Barry which it is something that I will never forget and also I hope he does come back to Australia soon. Set List- Jive Talking (1975) Lonely Days (1971) You Should Be Dancing(1976) First Of May(1969) To Love Somebody(1967) How Can You Mend A Broken Heart(1971)with Sami Gibb fever How Deep Is Your Love(1977) On Time The Long and Winding Road I've Gotta Get A Message To You(1968) Kilburn Towers(1968) Playdown(1966) Spicks and Specks(1966) with the Sun In My Eyes(1968) Morning Of My Life Every Christian Hearted Man Will Show You(1967) I started A Joke(1969) Island In the Stream guilty Words(1968) If I Can't Have You(1977)/Night Fever(1978)/More Than A Woman(1978) Ordinary Lives(1989) Immorality Stayin Alive(1977)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015