Ringo Starr and the All Star Band show @ the Brisbane Convention Center

On Monday February 11th I went to see Ringo Starr and the All Starr Band @ the Brisbane Convention Center and this was his first performance in Brisbane since the Beatles concert @ the Festival Hall on June 29th and 30th 1964 as they were the last dates of the famous Australian tour which Ringo was not in Adelaide as he had the tonsils but rejoined the others in Melbourne and did the rest of the dates as well as the New Zealand gigs. when I knew about Ringo was coming out to Australia I wanted to go to see him which eventually I had bought the ticket an month and I was very happy as I wanted to see an member of the Beatles so it came true. I caught the bus to South Brisbane and walked to the Convention Center which I rang home to let Dad know I had arrived and bought an program and saw Darren J Ray. The show started @ 8pm with an group called Mojo Jacket being the support act which they were on stage for 15 minutes which they were really good and there was an interval where I had an ice cream and water and saw Leonie an lady who I worked with @ St Andrews in the first 12 months I was there from 1999-2000 which she is well and is still working at the Holly Cross hospital. Then @ 8.35pm Ringo Starr with the All Star Band-Gregg Rolle(Santana), Richard Page(Mr Mister), Todd Rundgren, Steve Lukather(Toto),Mark Rivera and Gregg Bissonette came on stage and for the next 2 hours Ringo and the band would perform the songs that they made famous with Ringo doing some of the Beatles stuff as his solo stuff, Steve with the Toto songs, gregg with the Santana songs, richard Page with the Mr Mister stuff and Todd Rundgren with his famous songs and after Ringo did the singing he would go to the drums which he played on the songs with each of the acts doing their hits. The show finished after 10.30pm with Give Peace a Chance which I went to the South Brisbane train station and caught the train home. IT was an AWESOME and FANTASTIC show which RIngo was just great singing great and playing great and has not lost his touch even at age 72 and the All Starr Band where FANTASTIC too which they played great too and also everyone had an great time even myself. I am so glad that I got to see an member of the Beatles live as well as seeing Ringo which it's an experience that I will never forget and it was an thrill as I have been an Beatles fan since 1991 even though I've known of them since 1988 and also was to see him live because it might not happen again but you never know he might come back to Australia. set List- Ringo Starr- Match Box It Don't Come Easy Wings Todd Rundgren-I Saw the Kight Gregg Rolle- Evil Ways Steve Lukather- Rosanna Richard Page- Kyrie Ringo Starr- Don't pass me By Todd Rundgren- Bang the Drum Ringo Starr-Boys and Yellow Submarine Gregg Rolle- Black magic WOman Ringo Starr- Honey Don't and Anthem Richard Page-You Are Mine Steve Lukather- Africa Gregg Rolle- Everybody Everywhere Ringo Starr- I Wanna Be Your Man todd Rundgren- Love is The Answer Richard Page- Broken Wings Steve Lukather- Hold the Line Ringo Starr- Photograph, Act Naturally, With A Little Help from My Friends and Give Peace A Chance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015