Doug PArkinson show @ kedron Wavell






Last Friday February 10th i went to Kedron Wavell to see legendary Australian singer Doug Parkinson which it was my 5th time as my first seeing Doug was at Kedron Wavell with Max Merritt on Friday May 17th 2002 which Mum was with me, 2nd was at Kedron Wavell on Sunday September 14th also with Max Merritt which I came home from Southport as me,Mum,Dad and Heath spent the weekend there, 3rd at QPAC concert Hall on Thursday September 8th 2005 with Glenn Shorrock and Wendy Matthews and 4th at Kedron Wavell on Sunday September 21st 2008 which he was on his own this time and it was the day after my joint 30th birthday Party and also they were all FANTASTIC shows. On Friday Doug Parkinson came on stage at 8pm which in the first set he did classic songs like Blackbird, Imagine, Let The Good Times Roll and others which he did an FANTASTIC 1st set and there was an interval at 8.55pm which lasted about 15-20 minutes. Doug Parkinson came out wearing an black suit and an red shirt and did another classics including an medley of Ray Charles songs as well as doing 2 of his hits from 1969 and 1979 and would tell some of stories of his career as having an great sense of humor which the show finished at about 10.15pm. After the show Doug had CD's on sale which were- Timelines which had the hit singles, the Live album and Somewhere After Midnight and I bought 2 of them which were Timelines and the Live ALbum which he signed them and I got an photo with him. It was an FANTASTIC show which DOug was FANTASTIC and I had an great time seeing him as he puts on an FANTASTIC show as well as having an great back up musicians which they played brilliantly and also it was Doug's first show for 2012 as he had some time off since November. I look forward to see Doug Parkinson again soon and to those who have not seen him go & see him live as you will enjoy his show.
Set 1-
Take Me In Your Arms Rock Me A Little While
Norweigan Wood
Let's Stay Together
Let the Good Times Roll
Blackbird
Over the Rainbow
Imagine
You Don't Know me
Everyday
set 2-
My Imagination
Golden Miles
Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Knocks Me Off
Dear Prudence(1969 hit for Doug)
I'll be Around(1979 hit for Doug)
Unchain My heart/Georgia On My Mind/What I'd Say
Somewhere
Delta Lady
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End
Can't Get Enough of Your Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015