Hermans Hermits featuring Barry Whitwam show @ kedron Wavell Services Club

On Friday August 23rd 2013 I went to Kedron Wavell Services CLub to see legendary British 60's group Hermans Hermits which features original member and drummer Barry Whitwam and it was my 9th time seeing the group as well as had not seen them since Friday September 2nd 2011 the day after my 33rd birthday. I caught the bus to Chermside which I walked to Kedron Wavell and for dinner had Nachos as well as having a Sundae for desert. The show started @ 8.30pm with the group coming on stage which the line up besides from Barry, Geoff Foot on bass and vocals, Kevan Lingard on Keyboards and vocals and guitar and vocals Paul Cornwell who had just the group and for the next 2 hours and 20 minutes doing the classic Hermans Hermits hits from the 60's as well as classic rock songs and did 2 sets which was a surprise as in all the years I"ve seen the group they always did the one set as well as a few songs when I saw them @ the British 60's Concert at Festival Hall on Saturday February 11th 1995 but never 2 sets. Barry spoke early in the show when he talked about meeting Elvis Presley in 1965 as well as talking about Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter and there was humor in the show which early in the first set Geoff jokingly said about doing the full monty as well as the audience singing along to the songs and also during the break I bought a CD that the group were selling. The show finished about 10.50pm which the group then came out to sign autographs and have photos with the fans which I got my CD signed and a photo with the group which it was great. The show was FANTASTIC which everyone had a great time including myself as well as people singing along to the songs and the group played great which they get better and better everytime I see them as well as the excellent humor which they will be back to Australia next year as it will be 50 years when the group came on the music scene.I saw Bev,Michael and Karen. To those who have not seen the group go and see them which they put on a FANTASTIC show doing many of their hits which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who around back in the 60's and for people who were not around in the 60's but who are interested in that era it is a experience that you shall never forget. Set 1- Wonderful World(1965) Can't You Hear My Heartbeat(1965) Love Potion No 9 Dandy(1966) Mrs Brown You've Got A lovely Daughter(1965) Silhouettes(1965) A Must To Avoid(1966) My Sentimental Friend(1969) Jezebel Leaning on A Lampost(1966) Poetry In Motion/Oh Carol/Dream Lover/Diana/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Runaround Sue Set 2- You WOn't Be Leaving(1966) Listen People(1966) Something Is Happening(1968) No Milk Today(1966) Sleepy Joe(1968)/Years May Come Years May Go(1970) Sunshine Girl(1968) That's Life Let There Be Drums Sea Cruise You never can Tell Great Balls of Fire/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On End Of the WOrld I'm Into Something Good(1964) There's A Kind Of Hush(1967) I'm Henry the Eighth I Am(1965)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015