Shindig show @ Carina Leagues Club

On Saturday August 24th I went to Carina Leagues Club where I saw the group Shindig a rock n roll group from the Gold Coast which it was my 3rd time seeing them as I've seen them twice backing up Issi Dye as first @ Coolangatta Golf CLub on Friday June 10th 2005 and 2nd @ Kedron Wavell on Sunday September 12th 2009 but never a whole show in their own and the line-up I saw on the Saturday night were Peter Brown on Guitar and vocals, David Lee Jay on drums and vocals and on bass guitar and vocal Keith Johnson who to those who were around in Brisbane back in the 60's he was in 2 popular groups here in Brisbane were The Planets and the Sounds Of Seven which this show was his first in Brisbane in over 40 years. The show started @ 8pm and for the next 3 and a half hours the group did 4 sets of rock n roll stuff including Elvis Presley,Little Richard, Buddy Holly,Creedence Clearwater Revival, Eddie COchran etc and some country stuff with lead vocals done by Peter and David and a few by Keith including I Saw Her Standing There and it was at the show that I met Keith and Mandy's daughter Rebecca Johnson who is a musician herself which she plays bass herself as well as having her own band which she has just moved to Queensland herself with her parents and also met Jenny who knows Rebecca which we had a dance in the second set. The show finished @ 11.30pm which I thanked the guys and got a photo with Keith which Rebecca took the photo and I caught the cab home. It was a excellent show which everyone had a great time including myself and the band play excellent too and also saw Maria,Wayne and Jane. If you have not seen them go and see them which I'm sure you will enjoy the show. Set 1- Tulsa Time Singing The Blues When You Walk In the Room All Shook Up You're sixteen Let Your Love Flow Rock n Roll Girls Honey Don't Dance the Night Away Come On Everybody Peaceful Easy Feeling Little Sister Do You Wanna Dance set 2- Shake Rattle and Roll Keep A Knocking The Wanderer Runaround Sue I hear You Knocking I'm Into Something Good Apache Walk Don't Run Bad Moon Rising If I said You Had A Beautiful Body Boots Scoot Boogie set 3- Rave On/Maybe Baby/Peggy Sue Ole TIme Rock n Roll Rockin All Over the World I Saw Her Standing There Yellow River Pipeline/Wipeout Runaway Hey Baby I Just Want To Dance WIth You set 4- Let's Rock n Roll Summertime Blues Route 66 Let's Have A Party/PArty Doll/Whole Lotta shakin/Be Bop A Lula Rip it Up Stand By Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015