Digger Revell @ Greenmount Surf Club

On Sunday June 8th I went to the Greenmount Surf Club to see legendary Australian singer Digger Revell which it was my 10th time seeing him live and had not seen him live since Sunday November 6th 2011 @ Kedron Wavell Services Club as part of the Rock n Roll Spectacular Show. I arrived at the club around 11.30am, had chicken pamerigina, chips and salad for lunch, drank coke zero and spoke with people on the table i was sitting. The show started after 12pm with the back up band doing a set which consisted of classic rock songs including I heard It Through The Grapevine, Moondance, Chains, great Balls Of Fire, Rock Around the Clock etc, there was an interval which I spoke with Chris Thomas who manages Digger Revell whom I had known him through email and bought Digger's CD which I had a look at it. Digger Revell came on after 1pm which for over the next 2 hours he did 2 sets which he performed classic rock and country songs as well as 3 of his hits from the 60's as well as an Al Jolson medley as well as getting the crowd going which they were singing along to the songs and everyone was enjoying themselves as well as during the interval I got a photo with Digger as well as the getting CD signed as well as in the 2nd set the back up band did 1 song and then Digger came back on to do the second set and also there were ladies kissing Digger. The show finished @ 3.22pm which i thanked Digger for the show and walked around which I saw my friend Kat and her boyfriend Matt as well as meeting Jade,Kelly and Ben and eventually walked back to Bella MAre. It was a AWESOME show which i had a great time and Digger was AWESOME which he still sounds great @ 70 will be 71 next month and singing great as ever. Besides from Chris I met Ian,Rae,Frank and another lady and saw Bob and Vivian and to those who have not seen Digger Revell GO and SEE which you shall enjoy it and always put on an AWESOME show which I'm sure it will bring back memories for those who grew up in the 60's as well as those who were not born back in the 60's but has an interest in that era you will be impressed. Set 1- Old Time Rock n Roll Funny How Time Slips Away Clap Your Hands The Wanderer She's My Baby Over The Rainbow(Digger's hit in 1963) Stagger Lee Always On My Mind Roll Over Beethoven The Gambler Rockabilly Rebel Save the Last Dance For Me Swanee/Mammy/Shuffle Along set 2- Let's Have A Party Be Bop A Lula/Rocky Road Blues Building Castles In the Air(Digger's hit in 1963) Mountain Of Love That'll Be The Day Peggy Sue Sitting on the Dock Of the Bay You're Sixteen Come On and Take My Hand Twilight Time(Digger's hit in 1965) I Fought the Law Johnny Be Goode What A Wonderful World Shout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015