Sun Rising @ the Marquee

On Thursday June 5th I went to the Marquee in Coolangatta to see the tribute show Sun Rising which it's a tribute to the legendary American record label Sun Records that was where people like Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, Carl Perkins had started their recording careers and this group are from Melbourne which I actually had not heard of them until I saw it on the Cooly Rocks On Page and saw their website. The show started @ 8pm with Sun Rising coming on stage which they did 2 sets and they did the Sun songs that were recorded were famous by people like Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and others as well as the stories about the songs as well as about how the artists joined up with Sun and during the interval I bought a CD and the program as well as saw Ron Kitchin who I have known since 2005 whom I had not seen since 2010 and also there on the sides of the stage there was photos of the acts who recorded for Sun as well as a picture of Sam Philips as well as the Sun Records picture too. The show finished after 10pm which I thanked one of the guys in the group, rang Mum and walk back to Bella Mare. It was an IMPRESSIVE and an AWESOME show which everyone had an great time including myself and the band were just AWESOME playing those great songs that still endures to this day which I enjoyed seeing this band as well as being impressed. I saw Peter,Bev,Krystyna, Phil and Carolyn as well as meeting Bob,Terry, Sue,Kevin and Pauline and I look forward to seeing this band in the future which to those who have not seen them live Go and See them which I'm sure you will be impressed hearing those great classic songs from an great era. Set 1- There Was a Wolf Knocking At Your Door Rocket 88 She's Dynamite Bare Cat Tiger Man My Happiness That's Alright Mama Blue Moon Of Kentucky Baby Let's Play House Red Hot Cry Cry Cry Hey Porter Mystery Train set 2- Blue Suede Shoes Honey Don't Folsom Prison Blues Ooby Dooby That Lucky Old Sun Crazy Arms Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On Great Balls Of Fire Matchbox Breathless Mean Woman Blues I Walk The Line Good Rockin Tonight High School Confidential

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015