British 60's Supergroup show @ the Marquee

On Wednesday June 4th I went to the Marquee in Coolangatta to see the British 60's Supergroups show which it was my second time seeing it as I saw it last year as the line up were John Van Zyl(Rolling Stones Experience), The Sonics, The Chevrolets and the Beatlegs and this year's line up for the show were The Sonics, The Chevrolets and The Rolling Stones Experience. The show started @ 7pm with the Sonics were the first group on stage which they did the classic Shadows songs as well as the Cliff Richard stuff with Jim Hansen doing the singing as well as Florrie doing the piano and they did an AWESOME set which there was an interval and I had a Coke Zero. The next act were the Chevrolets with their new bass player Peter Hall replacing Allan who left last year and they did an AWESOME set which they did songs by The Beatles, Hermans Hermits, The Searchers, the Hollies, Gerry and the Pacemakers and others and also there was another interval which I saw Bob, Jim, Rod and Robin of the Sonics and we spoke. The last act for the night were the Rolling Stones Experience which it was my second time seeing them as I saw them @ Easts Leagues Club in Coorparoo on Saturday October 29th 2011 and they were supposed to be @ Cooly ROcks last year but due to one of the guys being in hospital they could not go so that was the reason why John performed himself and the Rolling Stones Experience put on an AWESOME doing the classic Rolling Stones stuff as John doing the movements running through the audience as well which was great to see. The show finished after 10.30pm which I got a photo with John and walk back to Bella Mare. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had a great time including myself and all the 3 bands were all AWESOME which I enjoy those sets and besides from the Sonics members I saw Bernie from the Chevrolets and an guy from Melbourne I met @ Cooly Rocks and also I hope those 3 groups come back to Cooly ROcks On next year. The Sonics- Move It Please Don't Tease Got A Funny Feeling Constantly It'll Be Me I Could Easily Fall In Love With You Do You Wanna Dance Shindig The Frightened City Foot Tapper Dance On Flingel Blunt Shadoogie Wonderful Land Geronimo Apache The Young Ones Dancing Shoes 40 Days On The Beach Gee Whiz It's you The Chevrolets- Can't You Hear My Heartbeat I'm Into Something Good There's A Kind Of Hush Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter Bad To me Needles and Pins When You Walk In The Room Love Potion No 9 Sweets For My Sweet Come Tomorrow Here Comes The Night Dedicated Follower Of Fashion Glad All Over Just One Look I'll Get You All My Loving Help I Like It You'll Never Walk Alone the Rolling Stones Experience- Start Me Up Route 66 Carol Brown Sugar The Last time Miss You It's All Over Now get Off My Cloud Honky Tonk Women Jumpin Jack Flash Walking The Dog Paint It Black It's only Rock'n'Roll Satisfaction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015