50 Years Of the Beatles @ Seagulls

On Friday night June 6th I went to the Seagulls Leagues Club with Mum to see the Mighty Guys, Kiwi rocker Johnny Devlin and the Beatles tribute group from Brisbane called the Beatlegs which it was my 4th time seeing Johnny Devlin and my 4th seeing the Beatlegs as well as the first time in 5 years since Saturday June 6th 2009 that I went to a show @ Seagulls which was the Elvis Evolution with Mark Anthony and Scotty Baker with both Lonnie Lee and Digger Revell being the support acts which Mum went with me to that show. Dad dropped me and Mum off @ Seagulls , drank Coke, use mobile, went inside and waited. The show started @ 8pm with Graeme Webb doing the Compering and the first act on stage were the Mighty Guys with the line up of Mike Lawler, Phil Eizenberg, Terry Gascoigne and Sue Reid on keyboards which they did a great set doing classic rock n roll songs then Johnny Devlin came on stage which he did a FANTASTIC set doing classic rock n roll songs as well as 2 of his classic hits that he made in the late 50's and 60's as well as telling some stories about the Beatles Tour in 1964 as it's 50 years when they came here which Johnny was the support act. Johnny had CD's on sale after his set as well as photos of him and the Beatles which I bought the CD and photo and got it signed by Johnny himself which I got a photo with him and also bought an can of coke as well as seeing Mike Lawler. The Beatlegs then came on stage which they did the 1963-65 era as they wore the suits and ties and they had a different bass player and some of the people danced on the floor. The show finished after 10 pm which I got a photo with the guys, drank water and caught the courtsey bus back to Bella Mare. It was a FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and all the acts were FANTASTIC too as well as Graeme Webb did a great job doing the compere. Set List- The Mighty Guys- Sleepwalkin Mona Lisa Runaround Sue Matchbox Rip it Up Hit the Road Jack 20 Flight Rock Johnny Devlin- Rock Around the Clock Heartbreak Hotel Long Tall Sally Teddy Bear Turn the Lights Out Johnny(1959) Stomp the Tumbarumba (1963) Be Bop A Lula Hound Dog Blue Suede Shoes Jailhouse Rock Whole Lotta Shakin The Beatlegs- Please Please Me From Me To You I want to Hold Your Hand All My Loving A Hard Day's Night Eight Days A Week You Can't DO That Can't Buy Me Love Roll Over Beethoven Help She Loves You I Saw Her Standing There Twist and Shout Rock n Roll Music I'm Down

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015