British Supergroups of the 60's show @ Swing City Marquee

On Friday June 5th I went to the my first show for Cooly ROcks On 2013 that was the British Supergroups of the 60's show @ the Swing City MArquee in Coolangatta and on the night I wore an Cliff Richard T shirt that I bought at his concert @ the Brisbane Convention Center Sunday February 3rd this year. The show started @ 7pm with John Van Zyl doing the Rolling Stones songs as the Rolling Stones Experience were supposed to do it but one of the members had surgery and John did a AWESOME set doing the movements as well as going through the audience which was great. There was an interval and then the Sonics with Jim Hansen came on stage doing the early Cliff Richard and the Shadows stuff which they did a AWESOME set as well as Florrie doing the keyboards to some of the songs as well as Rod,Bob,Robin and Garry wearing the bow ties and suits which looked great as it was my second time seeing the Sonics as I saw them @ the Old Rockers Get Together @ Riverside Ballroom in New FArm on Sunday April 7th this year. There was another interval which I met John van Zyl the Mick Jagger performer and an got an Photo with him which I thanked him for the show and then the Chevrolets came on stage which they did songs by the Searchers, Hermans Hermits, The Hollies, The Dave Clark Five and Gerry and the Pacemakers and did a AWESOME set as always and also there was another interval where I bought an Chevrolets CD called "Best Of British Classics". The last act for the night was the Beatlegs (the Beatles tribute band) which they were AWESOME and did the early Beatles songs from 1963-65 wearing the matching suits and the show finished around 10.40pm which I walked back to bella Mare as well as ringing Dad on the way. It was a AWESOME show which the acts were all AWESOME and everyone had an great time including myself and on the night I saw Tricia, Dan and Andy from West Texas Crude, Andy from Melbourne,Bob and his wife Vivian, Bernie from the Chevrolets and his wife Ruth and from the Sonics Bob Blight and Jim Hansen. Set List John Van Zyl- Brown Sugar Jumpin Jack Flash Route 66 Get Off My Cloud It's all Over Now Honky Tonk Women Paint It Black Satisfaction The Sonics- Move It Please Don't Tease Constantly The Young Ones Summer Holiday Lucky Lips Dance on Foot Tapper Wonderful Land Geronimo Atlantis Shadoogie Apache Do You Wanna Dance Twelfth Of Never Funny Feeling I Could Easily Fall In Love With You Bachelor Boy On the Beach It'll Be Me The Chevrolets- Needles and Pins When You Walk In The Room Don't Throw Your Love Away Sweets For My Sweet I'm Into Something Good There's A Kind Of Hush Can't You Hear My Heartbeat A Must To Avoid Just One Look Here I Go Again The Air That I breathe He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother Catch us If You Can Glad All Over I Like It How Do You Do It You'll Never Walk Alone The Beatlegs- She Loves You Please Please Me From me To You All My Loving Do You want to Know A Secret I want To Hold Your Hand Twist and Shout I Saw Her Standing There Boys A Hard Day's Night I Should Have Known Better You Can't Do That Eight Days A Week I Feel Fine Can't Buy Me Love Ticket To Ride We Can Work It Out Help Day Tripper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015