Skooterz/the Mighty Guys/Lucky Starr/Roland Storm and Bryan Davies @ Swing City Marquee

On Saturday June 8th in the daytime I went to Swing City Marquee to see Skooterz an group from Tasmania, The Mighty Guys, Lucky Starr, Roland Storm and Bryan Davies which it was my first time seeing the Skooterz, 2nd time seeing Bryan Davies which the first was @ Kedron Wavell for the ROck n Roll Spectacular show on Sunday August 29th 2010, 9th time seeing Lucky Starr and 10th time seeing roland storm. I got to the Marquee @ 11.45am which the Skooterz were still rehearsing and I bought the Skooterz CD before the show started. The show started @ 12pm with the Skooterz coming on stage 2 sets which they did classic rock songs with great singing done by Tammy and the band just played great. The group were on until about 1.45pm which there was an interval, had an look at CD's that was on sale, spoke with Idris Jones from the Mixtures which I asked about the Mixtures and Dig We Must and thanked 2 of the guys from Skooterz. Then Lucky Starr,Roland Storm and Bryan Davies along with the Mighty Guys came on stage which they did 2 sets doing classic rock and pop songs as well as doing their hit songs as well as having an great sense of humor on stage and during the interval I bought 2 Lucky Starr CD's Son Of A Gun and As Time Go Bye as well as having an conversation with Mick Hamilton(the Vibrants) who is my Facebook friend which he complimented me about me losing weight and I appreciate that. The show finished @ 4.30pm which I got photos with Mick Hamilton and Roland Storm and I walked back to Bella Mare which it was raining and took a photo of a car. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had an great time including myself and in the audience were besides from Idris Jones Geoff Skewes from the Vibrants and Issi Dye stopped by during the show too and the acts were AWESOME too still singing great and great playing by the Mighty Guys with great guitar playing by Mick Hamilton as well as Phil Eizenberg. set List- The Skooterz- set 1- Do You Wanna Dance I Saw Him Standing There Whole Lotta Shakin Lucille Rip It Up Runaround Sue Bad Moon Rising Have I The Right Your Mama Don't Dance I Love A Rainy Night Matchbox Shake Rattle and Roll Maybellene Rock Around The Clock set 2- Knock on Wood Build Me Up Buttercup La Bamba Rock n Roll Music Summertime Blues My Boy Lollipop When Will I be Loved Mountain Of Love Boogie Rock n Roll Is King Stupid Cupid Nutbush City Limits Route 66 When You Walk In the Room Rockabilly rebel Lucky Starr/Roland Storm/Bryan Davies with the Mighty Guys set 1- Six O'Clock Rock/Rock Around the Clock/Shake Rattle and Roll/Long Tall Sally Teenager In Love Be Bop A Lula Splish Splash Sh Boom You're Sixteen Personality Hello Josephine One Last Kiss Rest Of My Days Rolling With the Flow(Roland's 1992 hit) Runaway The Witch Doctor ABC Boogie set 2- Sing Oh Carol Diana Love Letters In the Sand Little Darlin dream Lover Dream Girl(Bryan Davies' number 1 hit 1961) Corrina Corrina I'm Counting On You She's My Baby Rip It Up Pretty Woman The Hucklebuck Let's Twist Again/Barbara Ann Wonder Of You I've Been Everywhere(Lucky Starr's number 1 hit 1962) Goodnight Sweetheart Shout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015