Ladies Do Brunch show @ Swing City Marquee

On Friday morning June 7th I went to the Swing City Marquee to see the Ladies Do Brunch show that had Denise Drysdale and Hazel Phillips which it's my 3rd time seeing Denise as well as the second time at Cooly Rocks On and my first time seeing Hazel Phillips as I have known her work in TV as I am fan of Australian Tv history as well as Mum remembering watching her on TV back in the 60's. The show started @ 11am with Hazel Phillips coming out doing You Make Me Feel So Young then Denise Drysdale coming out which her and Hazel were telling jokes and telling stories about their careers and then Hazel did her set singing songs as well as playing piano at the end of her set doing Chopin. Denise came out to do her set which she was telling jokes and her career as well as people asking her questions about her career which I asked her about HOMICIDE which she did an appearance in it,had an snuggle with an man named Paul and singing 2 songs and also Hazel came back out which some people asked her questions about her career as well as her and Denise singing 2 songs together before the show finished. The show finished by 1pm which Denise and Hazel came out to sign autographs as well as denise selling her CD's and I met Geoff Skewes(who is my Facebook friend) who was playing piano with Denise and Hazel at the show and had been an founding member of the AUstralian rock group in the 60's The Vibrants known for the hits Something About You Baby and My Prayer back in 1967 which i got an autograph and an photo with him and also got Denise and Hazel's autograph as well as a photo with Hazel which it was a thrill. The show was FANTASTIC which I had an great time and it was funny as well which got everyone laughing and Denise and Hazel were just great too entertaining everyone and also in the audience that was legendary Australian singer Tony WOrsley which I met his wife Anne. It was an honor to meet both Hazel Phillips and Geoff Skewes and it was one of the highlights for me during this year's Cooly Rocks On Set List- Hazel Phillips- You Make Me Feel So Young I Wanna Be Loved By You I Choose You Cry Me A River medley of Australian songs Bangerlow Someone's Arms Tonight Diamonds I Can't Give You Anything But Love Denise Drysdale- What A Wonderful Land Under the Boardwalk Denise Drysdale and Hazel Phillips- Independent Woman Side By Side

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015