Lonnie Lee and the Leemen @ Coolangatta Tweed Golf Club

ON Friday Night June 7th I went to the Coolangatta Tweed Golf CLub to see legendary Australian singer Lonnie Lee which it was my 9th time seeing him and had not seen him live since the Class Of 59 show @ QPAC Concert Hall in Brisbane on Saturday April 2nd 2011. Dad took me and Mum to the club which we had dinner at the buffet before the show and Mum went with me to the show which it was her 4th time seeing Lonnie with me. The show started at about 8pm with the Leemen that has Brian Dean on Guitar, Leon Isackson on Drums and Allan Freeman(bass guitar) came on stage which they did 3 classic rock songs and then Lonnie Lee came on stage which he did Elvis set in that first set which he did the early years from 1954-60 including the classics like Heartbreak Hotel,Blue Moon Of Kentucky,Trying to Get to you, Don't Be Cruel and others as telling the stories about Elvis and there was an interval which I bought an Lonnie Lee DVD "The Black and WHite Years" which had clips from the Music shows back in the late 50's-early 60's and an CD "Volume 3" which had the songs he sang on TV including Bandstand,6 O'Clock ROck, Sing Sing Sing and many others and spoke with Suzanne (his wife) which she told me that Lonnie was wondering if he was coming back to Coolangatta and I asked her the LWTT tour last year which Lonnie was not asked as he like to perform with his band that is fair enough. Then in the second set Lonnie came out which he did his hits from 1959-62 as well as doing Johnny Ray songs, country songs as well as rockabilly songs and rock songs too and got people sing along to the songs like I Found A New Love which he had the ladies singing along first and then the men sang along too. The show finished at about 10.30pm which Lonnie came out to sign autographs and have photos with the fans which I got the Cd and DVD signed as well as having 2 photos with Lonnie, then I got an autograph and photo with Allan Freeman who was from the Delltones and I asked about the lead singer Neville which he told me that Neville is doing promotion these days and got autograph and photo with Leon Isackson which he signed the Behind the Rock and Beyond book and the Mighty Guys CD and I asked about any Dig Richards stuff coming on CD which he said they had done the Festival ones and the RCA ones are not out yet and also me and Mum then caught the bus back to Coolangatta. It was an AWESOME show which everyone had an great time including me and Lonnie is still singing and playing great at the age 72 and is still looking great too which I hope he will be back @ Cooly Rocks On next year. Set List- The Leemen- ROck A Beatin Boogie Bird Dog Summertime Blues Lonnie Lee- set 1 My Happiness Blue Moon Of Kentucky I Forgot To Forget To Remember So Glad You're Mine Trying To get To You Peace In the Valley Lawdy Miss Clawdy I Want You I need You I Love You Love Me Tender/Flaming Star/Loving You A fool Such As I Heartbreak Hotel Don't Be Cruel Wear My Ring Around Your Neck set 2- When The Bells Stop Ringing(1962) Walk On By/Send Me A Pillow/From A Jack To A King A White Sportscoat and an Pink Carnation Starlight Starbright(1960) Can't You See It In My Eyes It Takes Me Back Cry Think About Livin Six O'Clock Rock I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine/dreamin/You're 16/Walk The Line/Story Of My Life/20 Flight Rock King Of The Road You're The Reason North To Alaska In the Middle Of A Island Dream Baby/Ooby Dooby/Only the Lonely Ain't It So(1959) I Found A New Love(1960) Yes Indeed I do(1960) My Rockabilly Band

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015