The AVengers show @ East Leagues Club

On Saturday September 28th I went to Easts Leagues Club to see the Avengers which it was my 18th time seeing them as well as my 9th time this year seeing them. Dad took me to the club which I arrived at about 6.30pm as I had dinner which I had Nachos and for desert had ice cream and at the cafe just before having dinner I saw Roger the guitarist. The show started @ 7.30pm and for the next 4 hours they did 4 sets of great rock and pop songs by Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, The BEatles, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Dragon, Bee Gees, Queen, The Searchers, Creedence Clearwater Revival and many others and the line up of the group at the moment is with Glenn on guitar as Graeme is still on his holidays and also at the show i saw a friend of Mum and Dad's that I've known since I was 9 named Alicia which she is well as I had not seen her for a while and after the first set finished i got a photo with her. The show finished @ 11.30pm which I thanked the guys and I told Mick that I know david Pritchard a Doctor from St Andrews where I worked as he plays golf with Mick as I only found out that nearly 4 weeks ago and spoke with Roger which he told me that the original lead singer of the Avengers Dick bentley was there at the show and also Dad picked me up to go home which we stopped @ the petrol station on the way home. It was a FANTASTIC show which everyone had a great time including myself and the group were just a Great as always playing great songs as well as playing and singing great too. The Avengers will be playing @ Easts Leagues on Sunday afternoon November 3rd and also will be @ Carina Leagues Club on Friday November 1st which to those have not seen the group go and see them and you won't be disappointed. set 1- Chains Proud Mary When You Walk In The Room It's So Easy I could Easily Fall in Love With You/Do You Wanna Dance/Move It/Please Don't Tease Singing The Blues That'll Be The Day Promised Land All Shook Up The Wanderer/Ruby Baby Great Balls Of Fire Rock Around the Clock Suspicious Minds My Girl Come Back Again Johnny be Goode I Saw Her Standing there Do You Love Me Set 2- Maggie May Last Night Don't stop Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Sway Fly Like A Bird Brown Eyed Girl Crazy Little Thing Called Love Power Of Love Happy Together Sweets For My Sweet/Don't Throw Your Love Away/When You Walk In the Room/Love Potion Number 9/Sugar and Spice/Needles and Pins I Can See Clearly Now set 3- Apache The Rise and Fall Of Flingel Bunt When You Say Nothing At All Every Breath You Take I heard It Through the Grapevine Massachusetts/To Love Somebody Under the Boardwalk Pretty Woman Get Back Twist and Shout April Sun In Cuba Set 4- Ticket To Ride/The Last Time/Day tripper/Satisfaction/Roll Over Beethoven Stuck In the Middle Twistin By the Pool Take It Easy Already Gone Hey Tonight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buddy Holly/Jerry Lee Lewis/Paul Anka/Jodie Sands/Johnny O'keefe Australian tour 1958

Vale Peter Flanagan(the Fauns/The Flanagans)

Roland Storm , Bryan Davies and the Mighty Guys show @ South Tweed Sports Club June 6th 2015